Tuesday 30 April 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

www.community.mis.temple.edu                                                                   
There is nothing that comes close to the love I have for soccer. My best teams are Kaizer Chiefs, Arsenal and my national team Bafana Bafana. All this teams have been performing badly in the past years and at the moment its only Chiefs that looks like they have turned the Conner as they stand a chance to clinch a double this season, while Arsenal has went down to 8 seasons without any silverware and Bafana Bafana failed to make impact in the Orange Africa Cups of Nations which was held on home soil, to make it worse they are in trouble of failing to qualify for 2014 World cup which will be held at Brazil.

Amazingly I still stand behind my teams despite the poor run. I believe that everyone has his/her dark day and the sun will shine again for these teams. My mostly concerns are with Arsenal, they have turned into everyone's playground lately. They are slowly loosing the gripe as one of the top four teams of England. We have fallen behind Manchester United. We are living under their shadow as they keep on winning silverware while we can't even win the Capital Cup. The thought of doing a guard of Honor for one of our biggest rivals at our very own stadium, it was like putting a knife straight in my heart I barely looked at the TV it was painful.

Every time I go to sleep I pray for my family, friends and my teams, more especially them Arsenal. What should it take for them to realise that they have fallen so behind many teams in Europe? How many seasons should we keep up with this pain inside us as Arsenal loving fans? We the fans are the ones that feel the most pain getting behind the teams each and every game each and every season and still end up celebrating nothing but a spot for Champions league and not even make it to the semifinals.

What happened to the invincible Arsenal? Yes we have been a development for so many teams but it’s not like we do not have the money to replace the players that we have sold in the past. We are even on to of Chelsea as one of the richest teams in the world. But you will never see Arsenal spending more that 30 million on players of which Chelsea can spend on one player. I want to see back the Arsenal I know the Arsenal that made me love this tea. Yes it can't be the same but with the right quality of players it can even be much better that the invincible Arsenal. It time we get our status back as one of the biggest clubs, it time we make a statement again. But that will not come if we continue buying quantity instead of quality players.  I hope that Stan Kroenke will get to read this because the pride of Arsenal is bigger than him, it’s bigger than all of us and we must fight hard to get our pride back.

No comments:

Post a Comment